Dome Homes

Maybe it was the long drive down a seemingly deserted dirt road in Apple Valley yesterday afternoon to visit a woman I've been meaning to meet for over a year now, with the hint of storm clouds rolling in and Janis Joplin on the stereo that helped sway my heart more than it should have. Or perhaps I'm just plain tired of a decade here in this track home, basically rubbing elbows with new neighbors we don't seem to be meshing so well with, in addition to a newly appointed HOA management that has us on repeat offense letter distributions from everything from an overcrowded garage, to checking oil by lifting the hood in our drive way, to old cars, ect. that has me dreaming of some other way to spread out our next home space.

Either way, the quick visit yesterday where I tried to ingest what information I could as far as these beautiful dome styled (super adobe) alternative housing projects is concerned, really sparked my intrigue. So that a good portion of this rainy day is sure to be spent in bed browsing Pintrest and reading up on the history behind them. I have a field trip coming up at the Cal Earth campus to learn more about the process, and am working on some photos to accopmany an interview with Jamie to post here soon. But until then, welcome to my latest visual obsession.